2.02.2005

IBM likes me.

Alright, folks. While lying in my bed earlier yesterday, I heard the phone go off. I was going to answer it, but I sound like crap if I answer the telephone from a deep sleep. Not crap as in not sexy, but crap as in "Good Lord?! Is this Tiffani or do I have the wrong number? Is this Joe's cab service? You sound just like Joe...did you know that?!"

Yeah, that's really how bad I sound. Folks can tell when I've just awakened by how harshly I say "hello" on the phone. lol.

So, when I get up an hour later..lol...I check my messages. There's an old one from Desiree explaining her drunken phone call at 2:30AM the other day, then..there is IBM. It turns out they liked my resume enough that I submitted through INROADS that they'd like to interview me. It'll be a phone interview. That makes me increasingly less nervous. I'm actually rather confident about this.

Go to bed, son!

I can't. That's why I'm blogging. I'm too overcome with all of the stuff that I have to do today. Papers to grade, programs to write, a paper to write, research to do, interviews to rehearse, assurances to make. And on top of that...I have to sleep. I must sleep somewhere that will not throw off my usual schedule. I don't think I can sustain much more of this senselss sleeplessness. It's just not fair to this temple. Things are getting bad on that front...

How can I be so assured of this? Well, on Monday, I went to sleep in calculus. Yeah, to some folks that may be no big deal, but I have a track record of never going to sleep in class. I traditionally couldn't go to sleep in class as much as I have tried! lol. But, on Monday, all it took was for me to go face-down in my calculus book and I was out. I'm pretty sure I was gone for at least 10 minutes when the professor started passing back quizzes and got to me. I was face-down and people were tapping me. Gahhh...the shame.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home