3.16.2005

And now for a few reminders from the back section...

Sometimes, you really need to be uplifted, and other times, uplift people. A lot of the time we all need a little bit of encouragement. Where you find it doesn't matter. On another blog I kept during high school, I posted these:

1. How you think is everything: Think success, not failure. Beware of a negative environment.

2. Decide upon your true dreams and goals: Write down your specific goals and develop a plan to reach them.

3. Take action: Goals are nothing without action. Don't be afraid to get started. Just do it.

4. Never stop learning: Go back to school or read books. Get training and acquire skills.

5. Be persistent and work hard: Success is a marathon, not a sprint. Never give up.

6. Learn to analyze details: Get all the facts, all the input. Learn from your mistakes.

7. Focus your time and money: Don't let other people or things distract you.

8. Don't be afraid to innovate; be different: Following the herd is a sure way to mediocrity.

9. Deal and communicate with people effectively: No person is an island. Learn to understand and motivate others.

10. Be honest and dependable; take responsibility: Otherwise, Nos. 1-9 won't matter.

No, this isn't just some drivel I got out of a newspaper to sound all philosophical. I used to go by this. Occasionally, I'll get into a slump where I need to be slapped up and reminded of what I used to believe in. I took this from the financial newspaper Investor's Business Daily, by way of an October 7, 2003 post on a blog that I've been keeping since high school. (I started keeping a new one since space on the server I originally used totally ran out. Blah! That sucks so badly! lol.)

Besides the momentary flash of motivation for certain friends, I've just been sitting on my ass during spring break reading (things beside mathematical textbooks) and enjoying fresh air (i.e. anything that isn't DC pollution and emotional horror--you know, the smell of urine, bums, farting city buses, the sound of campus shuttles that pull off as soon as you get a good rhythm in your running speed as you burst out the architecture building dropping papers and screaming for your life...etc.) and the slower non-metropolitan area life. People don't drive as violently here, so I haven't had to flick any other drivers off.

I spent a lot of time today reading about money and investing, so that with this internship, I can invest the money instead of wasting it on clothes. lol. Hmm. Or maybe more Apple stuff. Yeah, my biggest purchase ever has been this iBook and I'm enjoying every moment of it. I think my carpal tunnel syndrome is acting up again. lol. Gimp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home