5.15.2006

Writing of epiphanic proportions...or that looks good on paper!

Yeah, I'm back in NC now. Yes, it's almost a thank God situation. I was enjoying this semester in DC socially, but academically--I'm shot. Computer science pissed me off more than I could enjoy it, so I found myself skipping class and programming and reading in my room. Needless to say, my grades showed it.

I can say I'm pretty much disappointed in almost every class this semester. Or maybe it's me...who knows. I've read some tasty books this semester though. Here's a smattering: The End of Poverty by Jeffrey Sachs, Blink by Malcolm Gladwell, The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Secrets by Deepak Chopra, The Venture Cafe by Teresa Esser, The Question of Happiness by Tal Ben-Shahar, Getting Real by 37Signals, Agile Web Development with Rails by Dave Thomas along with David Heinemeier Hansson, and a stack of other books. I'd say I was productive this semester intellectually still.

This summer I got hired at HP (told you I was productive this semester...I got a job!), so in a few weeks, if all still goes according to plan, I'll be heading out to Houston, TX. w00t!

On top of that, next semester I'll be working as the online editor at The Hilltop, so naturally, my writing bug has bitten me--HARD. I've churned out a lot of content lately (it'll be posted here in time), been reading my ass off (I'm getting glasses later this summer), and I've got stacks of papers (notepads, napkins, etc.) with writing ideas. And, it all sounds quite excellent. It looks good on paper. My Pentel is my friend.

I've also made the decision to attend gradschool once I graduate. I know I want to focus on the web with my work in gradschool, but we'll see what happens. lol.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home