1.23.2006

Away, away...and the 100th post!

So, this weekend, I decided to switch up and do something totally different than what I would usually do on a weekend. I left town. Alex snatched me away up to Baltimore and we hung out with all of her folks--Malachi, Carl, Jessica, Marc, Ricky, and her parents. That was pretty fun. Yeah, I would go so far as to say it felt like I had gone on a vacation. So, big ups to my new friends in Baltimore. And yeah, I know school just started, but I was already starting to get annoyed with certain goings-on here on campus.

Lately, I've been getting back in the groove of campus organizations, and everybody knows that that means meetings. At IBM, I learned to not like meetings. And it's not because meetings there were often and horrible. In fact, it was the polar opposite. For me, as a lowly intern programmer, I attended more workshops than meetings and the meetings I did go to really seemed to have a purpose. Some of the meetings I've been to here on campus have been downright mind-numbing because often I end up walking out scratching my head about why the hell I had to roll out of bed from a nap or something for a meeting. lol.

Obviously, I live the wired life and I'd much rather do things by email and correspond only when absolutely necessary in person.

Speaking of the wired life, I've embarked on a bunch of newness to start the year off absolutely right. I'm going to be pushing schoolwork further and further out of the picture as the semester goes on. Big plans, indeed. In fact, one of them was solidified in a phone call on the harbor in Baltimore. Yes, I'm stepping up.

Now, I know I have 21 credits distributed over 7 classes, but this semester is going to go my way no matter what anybody says. So, if you have something to say about doing what you want, but still having a maximum (without additional cash being needed by the University) course load, you can go ahead. I ignore naysayers nowadays.

Watch me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home