10.16.2005

The runaround and the policy analyst.

Yeah, my mom is still delaying her response to my question..."So, can I go to homecoming up in DC?" Her favorite response so far--"I don't know yet." Oy vey! What isn't there to know! I'm mad. Anyway.

So, again tonight I went iTunes crazy and downloaded like 20 new tracks. Basically, I don't want to deal with that Ares riffraff or my other method of giving tunes. In light of that fact, laziness really is costly. lol. Indeed.

Today I got dressed and went out for the first time in a few days. My skin has broken out rather badly, so I've been hiding in the house. lol. But, suddenly, I had a deep desire to get back into speech and debate, so I figured when I go back to school I'll go back to the Martin Luther King, Jr. Forensics Society. The couple of days I was on the team during my freshman year, I had lots of fun, but looking back, I wasn't cut out to do very well on it. I had severe confidence issues. In my case, it sucked to be terribly intelligent...but be terribly afraid to convey that.

Anyway, the point was that at the book store, I picked up some books about economics and an 85 cent copy of Donald Trump's 1987 book, The Art of the Deal. It's a good read so far. I'm already halfway through it. Looks like I'll finish it in the morning.

I mean, it would have been a serious handicap on the team. I was a policy expert at the age of 18, but dammit, I was a fucking wimp. Not anymore. I cannot wait to get back to school to make some changes...!

::Whistles::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home